Microsoft Office with MSQuery and QODBC
Setup QODBC to work with Microsoft Office
Before using any Microsoft Office 2000 applications, you must ensure that the Microsoft Query builder is installed.
Double Click on the Microsoft Office Setup, Click to update the installation, check the options to select the items you want installed and uncheck the options to clear the items you do not want installed, be sure to check the “Microsoft Query” option.
Click “Update Now” to install the components.
(Make sure you have QuickBooks and the Company file open “minimized” that you want to query)
This is a utility worth having a desktop shortcut to, especially for those who are not very familiar with creating SQL statements. The MS Query executable can be launched from the following directory:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSQRY32.EXE
Select the option File / New, and you will see the following screen.
Highlight the data source you wish to use and click “OK”. The data source selected here is the Sample Serviced Based Business, which is currently opened. (Uncheck the Query Wizard if checked, to create more in depth queries)
A total of 43 records are returned from the table in grid view, with no criteria applied to underlying SQL statement. (Select * From Customer)
To apply criteria to the underlying SQL statement (Select * from Customer) click “Criteria / Add Criteria”
The Add Criteria panel will allow you to select the available fields from the query from a dropdown selection menu along with an operator and the associated values for that field. The above selection will generate an underlying SQL statement equivalent to:
Select * From Customer Where (Customer.BillAddressPostalCode=’94482′)
So isn’t it time you unleashed the full power of QODBC?
Like our FREE QODBC Basic Edition, you can also try our OBLIGATION FREE 30 Day QODBC Pro Edition Evaluation to see and write to QuickBooks Transaction Tables from a Web Server! Here are just some of the exciting features of using QODBC Pro Edition:-
- Access the Transaction Core of QuickBooks Accounting Data such as Invoices, Bills, Purchase Orders, Checks, Credit Memos, Estimates, Payments, Sales, Employee Time Tracking. Over 80 tables in all!*
- Generate Powerful QuickBooks Reports in your own applications such as Details on AR & AP, Aging Reports, Balance Sheet, Collections, Transaction Detail, 1099 Detail, Customer Balance Detail, Estimates, Expenses, General Ledger, Income Detail, Tax Detail, Inventory Detail, Item Profitability, Inventory Status & Valuation, Job Profitability, Open Invoices, Profit and Loss, Open PO’s Sales by Customer, Sales Tax, Time by Job Trial Balance, Vendor Balance Detail & Summary. Over 75 reports total!*
- Get 30 days of telephone installation support.
- Get Discounts on future upgrades to QODBC and our other exciting products.
- Generate your own income by creating Access applications using the QODBC Pro Edition!